[lbo-talk] A time of doubt for atheists

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Wed Jul 20 08:47:26 PDT 2005

3rd post of the day, thus last post of the day.

"What made you change your mind and come to believe in his, their existence?"

It seems I left this part out. I changed my mind not for mere emotional reasons. I was an atheist for over a decade, not because of science, but because of the nature of the Southern Baptist Church. In my early 20's I became interested in evolution; this lead me to be more agnostic (i.e. maybe / maybe not) opinion. A few years later I read a few books by Michael Shermer and became so annoyed by his (bland) arguments that I bothered to be less skeptical in this subject, and more open minded. Whether or not this Creator exist is beyond anyone knowledge (sounds a little agnostic, I know), but as I look more into scientific discoveries, the more I see complexity's that cannot be pushed aside. Science is getting closer, each generation, to figuring out the nature of the big bang, but what came before it is to broad a scope to figure out (thus I'm open minded toward a deity).