[lbo-talk] Identity wars and other issues

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 20 12:31:10 PDT 2005

>While the critics and activists engage in melodrama, and like it or not
>9-11 and most of the actions like it, are just drama, the truly powerful
>foci of productive and political force develop and employ ever more
>effective means to practical control of world conditions.

The last time I went to see a drama several thousand people didn't die as buildings collapsed and tens of thousands more didn't die as a reaction to that 'drama'. This ideologically driven calculus of death, that somehow the deaths at WTC, Afghanistan, Iraq, Bali, London, Kenya and elsewhere can be seen as minor, marginal exchanges in the expansion and consolidation of global capital is obscene.

We rightly condemn liberals and the right when they apply a racist/imperialist discount to lives lost or irreparably harmed by expanding empire, labelling 9/11 'just drama' is just as vile.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.