Party endorsement, was Re: [lbo-talk] Lieberman: "Roberts adecent guy"

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Jul 21 23:41:20 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett at dodo.com.au>

At 10:14 PM -0700 21/7/05, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>Nathan, you're almost even to make me switch back to
>no-lesser-evilism. How about: deny them the Party's
>endorsement? Throw them out of the Party? (Labour did
>it with Galloway.)

-Would denying them party endorsement guarantee they couldn't run as -Democrats under the US electoral system? Do they even have to be -members of the Democrat party to run as demnocrats under the US -electoral system?

Depends on state election rules, and the national party never has any say, but generally the answer is no and no.

Nathan Newman