Party endorsement, was Re: [lbo-talk] Lieberman: "Roberts a decent guy"

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 23:44:48 PDT 2005

Yeah, it would, I think. In general, they'd have to be allowed to run in the Democratic Primary. I don't know how someone can be barred from doing that -- I know some pretty wacko types have run as Dems, Lyndon Larouche, the conspiracy theorist, for one, but there are presumably some rules. At at the very least the party could endorse an opponent and channel money to that person. whole loudly announcing that it found Lieberman (say) no longer welcome.