Party endorsement, was Re: [lbo-talk] Lieberman: "Roberts adecent guy"

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 09:30:31 PDT 2005

This is correct except for the "no accident" remark. The primary system was the result of left wing Democratic reformers trying to take away power from back-room bosses in smoke-filled rooms, built, of course, on a structure in the south that was intended to deny Blacks the vote by having "white" primaries.

Voting is a state and local matter in the US, as kartherine Harris fix of the Florida 2000 election hammered home and as I saw one the grownd close up in 2004 in Ohio when the GOP -controlled election committee deliberately failed to provide enough voting machines to Democratic white working class and minority precincts, resulting in weights in the rain of 4 to 6 hours/ Which many people braved btw. Not enough though. The system's rigged and crooked, no question. You don't even need the voting dead like we have here in Shytown or the disappearing electronic votes that can now be conveniently arranged.

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour: http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html