Party endorsement, was Re: [lbo-talk] Lieberman: "Roberts a decent guy"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 22 13:18:04 PDT 2005

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> > All this bullshit about a Democratic machine. It's
>> non-existent.
>
>Maybe in New York, I wouldn't venture to say.

There's not a machine in the old Tammany sense, but there's a well-developed infrastructure of hackery. One of the better things about Bloomberg is that, being free of associations with the gang of hacks, he's managed to appoint the most competent and least corrupt administration that anyone can remember. I've heard that many times, from journalists, politicos, and from people who work with the city government in many capacities.

Doug