[lbo-talk] Head Shots (was Postmortem interrogation?)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jul 23 11:07:53 PDT 2005

> The whole "head shot" thing annoys me because it's a patently
> ineffectual tactic against, specifically, a suicide bomber.
> Anyone who's ever been in the locomotive of a train or ...
> subway, operated dangerous or moving machinery has seen a deadman...

Purely from a logic standpoint, you're wrong. There are two possibilities: the suicide bomber has a deadman switch, or he does not. If she does, it's going off no matter what: so it doesn't matter where you shoot. If he does not, however ...

/jordan

# "Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons?" # -- Major Vic 'Deak' Deakins, ``Broken Arrow''