[lbo-talk] Head Shots (was Postmortem interrogation?)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:43:22 PDT 2005

On Saturday, July 23, 2005 11:07 AM [PDT], Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

>> The whole "head shot" thing annoys me because it's a patently
>> ineffectual tactic against, specifically, a suicide bomber.
>> Anyone who's ever been in the locomotive of a train or ...
>> subway, operated dangerous or moving machinery has seen a deadman...
>
> Purely from a logic standpoint, you're wrong. There are two
> possibilities: the suicide bomber has a deadman switch, or he does
> not. If she does, it's going off no matter what: so it doesn't matter
> where you shoot. If he does not, however ...
>
> /jordan

All future models of suicide bombers... real ones, not fleeing parolees who are shot under pretense, will be so equipped.

If you'll notice... lots of media time expended on rehashing the revised story of how tightly timed everything was... hence timers...

James Bond in Goldfinger, furiously trying to defuse that nuke @ Fort Knox is the image and possibility that is being presented.

Sorry, most suicide bombings are homegrown, albeit, with help(usually) and more likely to detonate themselves or have their friend with the car alarm keychain device from the auto part store do it for them when the time seems right.

I'll reiterate one more time... The tactic doesn't work and just serves to terrorises the general population further at a subconcious level.

But you can believe whatever you like.

Leigh www.leighm.net