[lbo-talk] more on The Split

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jul 26 12:47:02 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> When I interviewed her last week, Barbara Ehrenreich cited Jonathan
> Tasini's estimate that the AFL-CIO and Teamster HQ in Washington are
> collectively worth a billion dollars.

Yes, incredibly obscene. The AFL-CIO headquarters sits on 16th street just two blocks from the White House. The damn building looks like it belongs on the Mall. It's really fucked up that workers are falling further and further behind while AFL-CIO fat cats sit on their asses in their palatial digs.

I agree with Lance that the AFL-CIO has been a cancer on the American working class. It's seems obvious to me--can't understand why other leftists don't see it, unless they simply want bigger unions so they can fight for that little scrap of power.

Chuck