[lbo-talk] more on The Split

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 26 12:59:07 PDT 2005

Chuck0 wrote:

>Yes, incredibly obscene. The AFL-CIO headquarters sits on 16th
>street just two blocks from the White House. The damn building looks
>like it belongs on the Mall. It's really fucked up that workers are
>falling further and further behind while AFL-CIO fat cats sit on
>their asses in their palatial digs.

I just spoke with a friend who was at a labor media conference last week. Media people from some big unions were there. Not a one of them had ever heard of RSS. As my friend said, they probably cared about the working class back in 1972, but by 1976, they'd given up and just decided to collect their not inconsiderable salary.

Doug