[lbo-talk] Shot dead in London

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:00:17 PDT 2005

WS:
>I do not particularly care what motivates people - be it imaginary heavenly
creatures or anger over the course of events or policies that I strongly oppose as well. All I care about is people's deeds. So if someobody decides to blow up innocent people selected at random - I care very little whether his motives are justified or not - all I care that this guy be stopped in the most effective way possible. Blowing his brains our before he blows other seem to be such a way, and I think that the British police (who btw are not known to be otherwise trigger-happy) are using the right strategy given the situation.<

hmmm... isn't it a good idea that people who shoot innocent civilians in the head should be stopped in the most effective way possible? It doesn't matter whether they claim to be fighting terrorism, does it? after all, you don't care about what motivates people, right? It's only the deed -- killing some poor Brazilian electrician -- that counts, right? JD