[lbo-talk] Shot dead in London

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:39:23 PDT 2005

>From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>
>I furthermore think it is utterly foolish to fail to obey orders of the
>police in a situation that is likely to provoke their overreaction. Again,
>I do not know what Mr. De Menezes was thinking but he made a very grave
>mistake indeed when he decided to run.

Talk about blaming the victim! De Menezes made a grave mistake indeed even when he chose his attire that day: "Achtung! Dressing Warmly Is Strictly Verboten By Order of the Bulky Clothing Police."

It's going to be a chilly winter for Londoners if there is an ongoing security need for a full-disclosure wardrobe.

(Btw, I have yet to see any detailed description of De Menezes' coat.)

Carl