[lbo-talk] Americans Remain More Optimistic and Satisfied with Lifethan Europeans

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:32:04 PDT 2005

>From: mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>
>
>With a few exceptions, Americans are generally happier
>with their lives and more optimistic about their
>future than are Europeans, according to a new Harris
>Poll.

Ah, the woe of being among the loser "few exceptions" in a land of beaming optimists!

What am I missing here? Yes, it’s all great – the spacious skies, the amber waves of grain, the purple mountain majesties, the fruited plain and – of course! – God shedding his grace on the place. Still, I continue to have the inescapable feeling that this sump of pious enterprise, the USA, is an immense stinkeroo of a society and a menace to the world at large– a place that should make any discerning USAer proud to pass him/herself off as Canadian when traveling abroad.

Carl