[lbo-talk] Lieberman: "Roberts a decent guy"

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 13:51:24 PDT 2005

I agree with Nathan here. Barring scandal, Roberts is not obnoxious enough to filibuster, and the S.Ct. is pretty much a lost cost for the next generation. Best hope is that the right shift will make Kennedy into an O'Connor or a Stevens. (Remember Stevens was on the right of the Court when appointed -- as was Blackmun!)And let's hope Bush puts up the torturer (Gonzalez) as his next candidate, he's pretty moderate, although one of the Priscillas wasn't too awful, I forget which one. The other one was a nightmare. jks