[lbo-talk] Re: Lieberman: "Roberts a decent guy"

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:49:02 PDT 2005

Carrol>...McCarthy actually came late to the Great Red Hunt, and his part in it was simply to reduce it to absurdity.

The irony is that when Tail Gunner Joe ran against progressive La Follette for US Senate seat, McCarthy was supported by the Wisconsin CP and CIO. Details in a piece by Robert Schaeffer, in Studies on the Left, in 1962, if memory serves, the Madison, Wisconsin New Left journal, 1959-1967. Studies on the Left did have a few former YCL/CPUSA members like Weinstein.