[lbo-talk] Fitch on The Split

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:15:58 PDT 2005

> Why is this "disgusting" and "a hit piece"?

Parroting the boss line that the union is only out for more dues is pretty disgusting, for starters. How someone who bills himself as "former union organizer" -- and thus undoubtedly faced the same claim coming from management -- can make this unwarranted charge is beyond me.

I don't know if Fitch is wholly ignorant of the struggles of California's home care workers, but it sure seems like it. This year California's unionized home care workers were instrumental in defeating Gov. Schwarzenegger's proposed roll-back of home care provider wages to $6.75 per hour and the elimination of all health benefits. But since Fitch bluntly states that they're not even workers (which goes far beyond stating the work they do is dissimilar to the work performed by the majority of the workforce), I guess they shouldn't be getting compensated in the first place . . . -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050729/ead17888/attachment.htm>