[lbo-talk] Man-on-dog

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:40:08 PDT 2005

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>l ... most lib comics I've met rarely probed beneath the mainstream
>surface, on stage or off. They may mock the status quo, but they rarely
>trash it altogether, or view it with the utter contempt it richly deserves.
>Sorta like today's lib bloggers who rant about Rove's "treason" in the
>Plame affair. They simply want the system to work for them.

That's strike two for the comic establishment in my estimation. Strike one is The Aristocrats, which seems to have attracted universally laudatory reviews but is at the top of my must-miss list. Never has the nation had a more urgent need for corrosive satire, and what have we got? Every top comedian in the business showcasing his/her skills in a pointless exercise of technical virtuosity focused on an ancient vaudeville gag purported to be the most obscene joke ever told. O tempora. O fucking mores.

Carl