[lbo-talk] Re:texan who quit the minutemen over racism

Frank Scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Sun Jul 31 15:43:36 PDT 2005

"My activist friends on the West Coast who are doing anti-Minuteman organizing tell me that the Minuteman are basically a front group for white supremacist extremists."

sadly, that's the same mentality that woud tell you that anti-war organizing for peace in iraq is a front for supporters of osama bin laden and terrorism...

the knee-jerk labeling of everybody who opposes illegal immigration policy as a white supremacist assures that such opposition will provide more recruits for the right...

these are often people who are completley aliented, not only from what they see as a power structure which doesn't give a shit for them, but even more so from the tiny grouplets that hold them in even more contempt than does the establishment... that is, what passes for a left...

of course, once these groups become reduced to nothing more or less than exteremists, the grouplets of true believers will say, we told you so...

then both camps can go back to their respective places of worship, though only the rightists may exercise some - small - affect on things...

fs

______________________________________________ __________________ Sent via the WebMail system at mail.marin.cc.ca.us