[lbo-talk] Re: theism, atheism and dont give a fuckism

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 17:49:27 PDT 2005

Peter Lavelle wrote:

>I know I may be alone on the issue of Trotsky on this
>list - he was just another intellectual thug the world
>would been have been better off not knowing of.

Wait. He led the Red Army to victory -- without that, no Soviet Union. He had no power over those men; if he had been an idiot wimp they would not have paid any attention to him.

His "History of the Russian Revolution" is a classic and Barbara Tuchman called him one of the finest historians that have ever written.

It has been a long time since I have read his writing, but "The Revolution Betrayed" was pretty good and his "Combined and Uneven Development" was pretty good too.

I don't think it's fair to judge him by his followers.

Joanna