[lbo-talk] Kant's proof of God /al-Qaeda leprechauns

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Thu Jun 2 15:33:37 PDT 2005

At 12:13 PM -0700 2/6/05, Chris Doss wrote:

>at them. However, once I start hearing reports from
>lots of people saying the same thing, I may change my
>mind.

It doesn't rise to the level of a myth until lots of people are reporting the same thing. When only one or two people are reporting something impossible, it is usually known as a psychotic episode.

So lots of people saying the same thing is no reason to take it seriously.

>Good point about the canonization. Actually, does
>anybody know about just how the RCC goes about its
>miracle-checking claims?

They make sure it can't be disproved.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas