[lbo-talk] Rocky Mtn. News series on Ward Churchill

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:31:23 PDT 2005

Chuck, get fisked on this blog devoted to WC, http://www.pirateballerina.com/index.php

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/496cjzrn.asp?pg=2
>...Brennan is a Rocky Mountain News scribe who has done some of the
most exhaustive reporting on the Churchill saga, even unearthing ex-wives who've called Churchill a bullying control freak and worse. Brennan is in the audience, and the room turns to see him scribbling away furiously without looking up. "Yeah, Hi Charlie!" bellows Churchill. "Having a nice day now? My turn. I got the high ground. . . . Are you still beating your wife, Charlie? Answer me yes or no, please. And remember, I got nine people who hate your guts and are going to comment on whatever it is you have to say." After demanding to see proof that Brennan is white (he'd probably never felt whiter), Churchill pushes the assault: "And you purport to be a man, . . . yet only one of your parents was, and you know it! . . . I'm practicing the journalist trade. . . . I expect a job at the Rocky Mountain News when I get back." http://colorado.indymedia.org/feature/display/10164/index.php An anonymous tipster working with, what was referred to as, a "faith-based think tank", claims that KHOW/Clear Channel's Dan Caplis accepted a "gift" from the unnamed group to spread the biased Ward Churchill story in an attempt to "frame the left", the anti-war movement, and the 9-11 truth movement into "one package". The person also stated this was a ploy to set-up an "Ideological Enemy" on "American Soil" and to re-invent Ward Churchill as a "sacrificial lamb"