[lbo-talk] Rocky Mtn. News series on Ward Churchill

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jun 5 10:29:06 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Chuck, get fisked on this blog devoted to WC,
> http://www.pirateballerina.com/index.php

Fisked? Is this word in the dictionary?

Right, like I'm going to take seriously a blog which links to Little Green Fascists.

> http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/496cjzrn.asp?pg=2
>
>>...Brennan is a Rocky Mountain News scribe who has done some of the
>
> most exhaustive reporting on the Churchill saga, even unearthing
> ex-wives who've called Churchill a bullying control freak and worse.
> Brennan is in the audience, and the room turns to see him scribbling
> away furiously without looking up. "Yeah, Hi Charlie!" bellows
> Churchill. "Having a nice day now? My turn. I got the high ground. . .
> . Are you still beating your wife, Charlie? Answer me yes or no,
> please. And remember, I got nine people who hate your guts and are
> going to comment on whatever it is you have to say." After demanding
> to see proof that Brennan is white (he'd probably never felt whiter),
> Churchill pushes the assault: "And you purport to be a man, . . . yet
> only one of your parents was, and you know it! . . . I'm practicing
> the journalist trade. . . . I expect a job at the Rocky Mountain News
> when I get back."

Being a control freak in your relationships is irrelevant to one's job as a professor. If every professor was scrutinized the way that Churchill is being hunted, there would be no professors.

> http://colorado.indymedia.org/feature/display/10164/index.php
> An anonymous tipster working with, what was referred to as, a
> "faith-based think tank", claims that KHOW/Clear Channel's Dan Caplis
> accepted a "gift" from the unnamed group to spread the biased Ward
> Churchill story in an attempt to "frame the left", the anti-war
> movement, and the 9-11 truth movement into "one package". The person
> also stated this was a ploy to set-up an "Ideological Enemy" on
> "American Soil" and to re-invent Ward Churchill as a "sacrificial
> lamb"

There has to be a smoking gun here. I'm willing to buy beers for everybody at the next LBO party if somebody discovers right wing money funding these newspaper attacks on Churchill. In fact, I swear I saw one of these reporters on Fox News the other day when I was channel-surfing.

We all know that the right wing lies constantly and their methods are just as dishonest. I can speak from experience as somebody smeared by one of their covert hack jobs.

Chuck