[lbo-talk] KPFA madness

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jun 5 20:31:33 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [Meanwhile, WBAI just finished a fundraiser than went on nearly a month,
> a week longer than planned, that fell about 50% short of its goal.]

> The chair-throwing incident happened at the May meeting of the KPFA
> program council amid a heated debate over whether Sovietologist Bill
> Mandel, kicked off the air a decade ago in an earlier power struggle,

There are so many voices in our communities who aren't heard on our radio stations, so why do people go to bat for a guy who had a radio show a decade ago? If this guy has radio experience, why isn't he helping somebody new do a radio show?

If people want to listen to a good indie radio station, check out KKFI here in Kansas City.

Chuck