[lbo-talk] evolution & the female orgasm: men cleared

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 10:00:58 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Genes blamed for fickle female orgasm

This is too silly for words.

How do you define "orgasm"?

Do men have orgasms because they ejaculate?

If ejaculation is not accompanied by a feeling of pleasure, should it be called an orgasm?

Do women not have orgasms for physiological reasons? for psychological reasons? because they are being handled by boors?

If someone were to tell you that women (belonging to African tribes where genital mutilation was practiced) were genetically unable to have orgasms, would you believe it? Supposing they looked at identical vs fraternal twins?

If you are raised in a culture in which sexual enjoyment branded you as a whore, would you have orgasms?

Many women in the U.S. are not willing to touch themselves even to insert a tampon. If such women cannot achieve orgasm through masturbation, would that convince you that women are hard-wired not to have orgasms?

I could go on, but maybe you begin to see my drift.

Joanna