[lbo-talk] Rationality of the Masses

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 10:49:05 PDT 2005

Doug writes:
> Yeah, I think it's something like that - a really nasty feedback loop
> of bad politics, alienation, religion/individualism, leading to more
> of the same. But some would say I'm being elitist or insensitive by
> pointing to this.

FWIW, I wasn't accusing you of being elitist. Elitism involves not even trying to look at matters from the "other's" perspective and presuming that the "other" is irrational (or otherwise inferior) from one's own perspective.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante