[lbo-talk] "Damn, did God piss in your cheerios?"

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:08:07 PDT 2005

On 6/8/05, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here's a hint to all of you atheists: one, it's not
> your damn business what I believe; two, you might do
> yourself a favor by relating to religious people (the
> vast majority of the people on this planet) in a
> language they understand rather than being hostile
> towards their viewpoints.

Well, to a large extent a lot secularists wouldn't care what religious theists and other religious people believed if they weren't so friggin' exhibitionist and prosyletizing about it. Such talk/behavior cheapens religion. Even Jim Wallis is cheapening religion. On top of that, there are far more smug, arrogant etc. religious people on the planet than there are humble and arrogant atheists combined and there are way too many times when their hostility towards the latter is downright palpable. We won't even go into the ugly history of religious factionalism and warfare and the mockery they've made of ethics so trying to get atheists to play the do unto others game so we can all have an adult conversation about ontological arguments and the like is gettin' kind of old............

It is logically impossible for an atheist to a have a "personal vendetta" against God.

-- "Life sure is weird but what else am I to know?" [Jason Pierce]