[lbo-talk] "Damn, did God piss in your cheerios?"

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jun 8 20:36:26 PDT 2005

Autoplectic wrote:

> Well, to a large extent a lot secularists wouldn't care what religious
> theists and other religious people believed if they weren't so
> friggin' exhibitionist and prosyletizing about it.

If people wanted to believe that blue aliens came to Earth 3000 years ago and handed some religious teachings to some awestruck shepards, I wouldn't care as long as these people weren't trying to control my life. I pick up the banner of anti-religious activism only because religious fundamentalists are determined to tell me and others how to live our lives. What's worse, they seek state power to enforce their nonsensical beliefs through violent coercion. As I see it, part of the reason why the U.S. is a dangerous state is due in part to the widespread belief in religious nonsense by millions of Americans. This belief system feeds into the popular belief system of American exceptionalism. As these religious moonbats see it, America is a country supported by their god, therefore anything or anybody critical or opposed to America is a dangerous enemy.

I don't care about the nuances of the progressive religious left. I know they exist, they can go do their thing. I want religion out of my life so I will opt for anti-religion activism.

Chuck