[lbo-talk] "Damn, did God piss in your cheerios?"

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jun 8 20:13:50 PDT 2005

B. wrote:

> "Damn (snark), did God piss in your cheerios or
> something? Isn't this putting the cart before the
> horse? People turn to religion as an answer to
> questions they have about their lives; don't you think
> that might be why those who suffer the most would be
> more prone to turn to religious answers?

What a stupid religious nut. Turning to a collection of documents that is almost 2000 years old for contemporary questions is simply insane. To extend this illogic further, the christian bible would be a suitable source of information for car repair and surgery. If you want answers about contemporary questions involving your life, wouldn't you want to turn to the best available *current* information?

I was a good Lutheran boy who went to religious school and was confirmed. I just don't understand why contemporary humans still believe in this nonsense.

People need the security blanket of religion ripped away from them so they can start functioning as mature adults.

Chuck http://chuck.mahost.org/