[lbo-talk] lbo-talk] "Damn, did God piss in your cheerios?"

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 8 21:19:59 PDT 2005

First:
>you might do yourself a favor by relating to religious people (the
>vast majority of the people on this planet) in a
>language they understand rather than being hostile
>towards their viewpoints. This does not mean you must
>believe Jesus is going to return from the dead and so
>on, it just means that there is already a set of
>morals and understandings which, for the most part,
>are compatible with views we might hold (if not
>necessarily going as far), for example "do unto
>others...", and might facilitate communication."

and then;

>What a stupid religious nut. Turning to a collection of documents that is
>almost 2000 years old for contemporary questions is simply insane.
>
>People need the security blanket of religion ripped away from them so they
>can start functioning as mature adults.

Wow, talk about two ships roaring by each other in the night.

Contrary to what you might think, people are capable of acting as mature adults and be religious at the same time.

PC

P.S. I always like 'Who peed in your Wheaties?'. More alliterative or something

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo