[lbo-talk] Leading Scientists Still Reject God

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:18:22 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05, Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
>
> > like what? and to accomplish what, specifically?
>
> Activism. Direct action. You know what people do. The actual tactics and
> methods would depend on your campaign and the target.
>
> What is the goal? To contain and roll back the religious right, I guess.

well, i'm trying to understand exactly what direct action against religion or the religious right would look like. what are the targets and what kinds of campaigns are you talking about? i'm not saying you need to have all the answers in order to make the case. i'm just looking for examples that we can use to talk about it.

it would help me get a handle on what you mean and what i think about it. it might even mean i could help, if i understood better what you actually think any of this would look like in practice.

-- Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead