[lbo-talk] Yahoo! News Story - Biblical Account of Creation Displayed - Yahoo! News

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:58:57 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05, snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> At 09:55 AM 6/9/2005, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
>
> >why don't they start with the end of the flood and god admitting, all
> >right, you little buggers are mean, spiteful, awful, violent things,
> >but there's really nothing to do about it (speaking of the law of
> >unintended consequences) . . . *and* you burn animal flesh for me, and
> >that's pretty sweet. so off you go, then, and remember: when you kill
> >someone, someone else will have to kill you.
>
> the revealer blog: http://www.therevealer.org/ (you can receive daily
> updates via e-mail.) Good stuff.

thanks.

> I think she said something about how, when people wanted to rape Lot's male
> guests, Lot said no and offered them his daughters instead. Now, that was a
> new one on me.

well, it had nothing to do with them being male, of course. it's about showing outsiders that the locals are in charge. it's about power.

> She told an amusing story full of things like that and how she came not to
> believe at all, and then the things she thought such as, "Oh no. You mean
> Hitler's just dead? He's not being punished for eternity for what he did?"
> Followed by, "Oh no, my brother's just dead?"

LOL

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/

Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead