[lbo-talk] Indian traders to visit Pak Kashmir

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Mon Jun 13 09:36:57 PDT 2005

Daily Times

Monday, June 13, 2005

Indian traders to visit AJK

JAMMU: Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industries (JCCI) President Ram Sahai will lead a 40-member delegation to Azad Jammu and Kashmir on a weeklong tour to explore new business avenues.

“We have already sent the list of our delegates to the government for official procedures,” said Sahai.

He said that the members would visit all AJK districts to identify commodities that could be imported, while the items to export had already been identified.

“We will meet the AJK prime minister, industries and commerce ministers and other members of trade and industry in order to facilitate the process of trade between the two sides,” Sahai said.

He also said that AJK businessmen would also visit the other side soon. “We favour the opening of Jammu- Sialkot and Nowshera-Mirpur routes which can boost the trade between the two sides,” he said. Trade through these routes had been a cherished dream of the Kashmiri businessmen.

online

Daily Times - All Rights Reserved