[lbo-talk] MJ jurors didn't necessarily think he was innocent

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 14 07:32:47 PDT 2005

B. wrote:

>"He's just not guilty of the crimes he's been charged
>with," said Ray Hultman, who told The Associated Press
>he was one of three people on the 12-person panel who
>voted to acquit only after the other nine persuaded
>them there was reasonable doubt about the
>entertainer's guilt in this particular case.

I think this was the guy on CNN last night, and he reminded me how excellent the jury system is. He was really thoughtful, serious, and articulate. When The System expects people to act that way, they really do. Unfortunately, most of the time The System just wants people to act like passive consumers.

Doug