[lbo-talk] MJ jurors didn't necessarily think he was innocent

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Jun 14 14:16:35 PDT 2005

Doug wrote:

"I think this was the guy on CNN last night, and he reminded me how excellent the jury system is. He was really thoughtful, serious, and articulate. When The System expects people to act that way, they really do."

Has anyone here ever heard the deliberations of the US Congress in any of its functions described (non ironically) as "really thoughtful, serious, and articulate?" Why is there no System of government in this world that expects its legislators to act that way?

Shane Mage

"Mortals immortals, immortals mortals,

living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62