[lbo-talk] RE: An Appeal to Ignorance

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 14 08:12:53 PDT 2005

>Such slang as "fundies" belongs in the same part of the
>lexicon as "darky" and "towelhead."

>CB: Not. Lets not bend the stick the other way too far the other way in
>demonstrating how much we can turn the other cheek to the vicious practices
>of this rightwing juggernaut. The fanatics are not going to get out off the
>road to fascism because we say nice things about them.

I'm with Carrol on this one. Call them what they are without resorting to perjoratives, or being nice. Using cute or otherwise slang just feeds into their martyr/victim role;'Look, they even call us nasty names'.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon