[lbo-talk] RE: An Appeal to Ignorance

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 14 10:05:22 PDT 2005

> >Such slang as "fundies" belongs in the same part of the
> >lexicon as "darky" and "towelhead."
>
> >CB: Not. Lets not bend the stick the other way too far the other way in
> >demonstrating how much we can turn the other cheek to the vicious practices
> >of this rightwing juggernaut. The fanatics are not going to get out off the
> >road to fascism because we say nice things about them.
>
> I'm with Carrol on this one. Call them what they are without resorting to perjoratives, or being nice.
Using cute or otherwise slang just feeds into their martyr/victim role;'Look, they even call us nasty names'.

> N P Childs

While it may be a good startegy not to use words like fundie, claiming it is the equal of darky is nonsense. They are not even close. I may get in trouble for saying this but only a white person could possibly think they are somehow equal.

John Thornton