[lbo-talk] Zarqawi = Shredder from Teenage Mutate Ninja Turtles

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 09:19:24 PDT 2005

On 6/14/05, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The eXile
>
> Mister Big Unplugged
> By Gary Brecher ( war_nerd at exile.ru )
>
> The more I hear about how Zarqawi's behind all the
> trouble in Iraq, the more it reminds me of a bad cop
> movie. Every cop movie has the same plot: they track
> down Mister Big and the crime ring gets broken.

the US always have someone like this. What was the name of the guy that the US was so strenuously interested in catching in Somalia?

what's strange is that the US elite seems to believe its own propaganda a lot of the time. Instead of figuring out what was really going on in Somalia, they strove to catch the Mr. Big _du jour_. The same seems to be happening in Iraq, with Zarqawi. Iraq seems to be Somalia writ large. (A better analogy than Vietnam redux, though no analogy is ever perfect.)

Similarly, it sometimes seems that the elite thinks the recent "election" in Iraq was real.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.