[lbo-talk] RE: An Appeal to Ignorance

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 10:59:11 PDT 2005

the problem is you two seem to think other people don't have these experiences unless they define themselves as religious or spiritual and consider it a religious experience -- which is to say, both of you believe there is something besides human existence, some greater being or whatever that's out there.

r happens to think a lot like the two of you, but in no way does he imagine that somehow people live lesser lives because they don't agree with him. both of you imply that, becasue we don't explain and view the world and those experiences you describe as you do, we are somehow impoverished being for that fact. encapsulated nicely in dennis' last line: despair. those poor souls. what condescending bull shit.

kelley