[lbo-talk] RE: An Appeal to Ignorance

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 11:09:06 PDT 2005

> r happens to think a lot like the two of you, but in no way does he
> imagine that somehow people live lesser lives because they don't agree
> with him. both of you imply that, becasue we don't explain and view the
> world and those experiences you describe as you do, we are somehow
> impoverished being for that fact. encapsulated nicely in dennis' last
> line: despair. those poor souls. what condescending bull shit.
>

> kelley

I'm simply going with my own experience and of those I knew well. I feel there is an element of despair, or something close to it, 'else why all the hostility to simple questions about different levels of existence? Note that I named no one here, so if you are living a happy godless life, then great. Honestly. I'm referring to those whose atheism is more like, dare I say it?, a religion. If this does not describe you, then I'm not talking about you, am I?

Dennis