[lbo-talk] 'bogus' WTC Collapse story

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 14 17:49:51 PDT 2005

Carl Remick wrote:

>>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>
>>I've noticed that retired engineers often have funny ideas about
>>economics ...
>
>Funnier than the ideas economists often have about economics?

Hard to say. Engineers seem to gravitate towards monetary quick fixes, be they the gold standard or post-Keynesian credit schemes. They also think the system could be run rationally, like a machine, as if you could just design your way around greed, violence, and irrationality. Economists are sort of like that, in their own way.

Doug