[lbo-talk] 'bogus' WTC Collapse story

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Jun 15 09:52:31 PDT 2005

> the point, again, is that here is somebody with solid Republican
> establishment credentials, who is raising questions about the Bush
> administrations' version of what happened on 9-11 ...
>
> This is a phenomenon known as 'breaking ranks'.

It looks to me like this guy has been at it for some time; I don't think this is "news" or "breaking ranks" -- he was a Waco "expert" for a long time before this, too.

His "solid Republican establishment credentials" are about as solid as Paul O'Neil's were . . .

http://www.lewrockwell.com/reynolds/reynolds-arch.html

That is: he's an outsider. Read this interview . . .

http://www.mises.org/story/1216

"I went from a professor of economics, with a career-long specialization in labor, to chief economist at the Department of Labor. I was in this position for 16 months. The position came about because of an old contact. I'm glad I did it, but my experience confirmed everything that the Austrian School and the Public Choice School say about how government behaves."

[ ... ]

"The whole system is run from the top down, even more in the Bush administration than in others. Most policy initiatives come from the White House. For someone like me, a 3rd level political appointee in a dying department-level agency, I had no influence. I could not change anything."

----

In keeping with your wish to not debate the issue but just the phenomenon, he may be right or wrong, but the significance of this is down in the noise.

/jordan