[lbo-talk] 'bogus' WTC Collapse story

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:10:17 PDT 2005

.....doesn't matter whether he meets a definition of 'top official' or 'functionary' - he was a significant official of the Bush administration. I don't see why you would latch onto this as important.

what is a 'right-wing nut' and how is that different from 'left-wing'wacko' (as some right-wingers e.g. Bill O'Reilly might refer to people like yourself)? those categories are meaningless epithets and are only trotted out to try to discredit people when you have no concrete basis on which to refute their views. I have no evidence about him being any kind of 'nut'. All I know is that he a right-wing economist and public policy analyst.

the point, again, is that here is somebody with solid Republican establishment credentials, who is raising questions about the Bush administrations' version of what happened on 9-11 (imbibed unquerstioningly by people on the 'left' who ususally take pride in thinking for themseves and have a healthy sckepticism for any official pronouncement from the Bush administration)

This is a phenomenon known as 'breaking ranks'. This is what is significant. It shows that even people who have no ideological real beef with the George Bush are breaking ranks with the official story and makes it all the more troubling that left-winger, who seem to question Bush on almost everything else, refuse to take a sober, indepedent minded look at 9-11 and fiercely support the official story even when so many aspects of it are incredible.

Joe W.