[lbo-talk] 'bogus' WTC Collapse story

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:55:09 PDT 2005

a fine little article, but I think it's unfair to Michael Moore to call the creep a "Michael Moore wannabe." (MM is better than _that_.) I like the G.O.D. acronym, despite its role in a crackpot theory. (Another variant has been used to describe capitalism: Grow Or Die.)

Is Shermer still an admirer of Ayn Rand (however much he's appalled by her followers)?

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&colID=13&articleID=000DA0E2-1E15-128A-9E1583414B7F0000

> ScientificAmerican.com
> May 23, 2005
>
> Fahrenheit 2777
>
> 9/11 has generated the mother of all conspiracy theories
>
> By Michael Shermer
>

> Noted French left-wing activist Thierry Meyssan's 9/11 conspiracy
> book, L'Effroyable Imposture, became a best-seller in 2002. But I
> never imagined such an "appalling deception" would ever find a voice
> in America. At a recent public lecture I was buttonholed by a Michael
> Moore wannabe filmmaker who breathlessly explained that 9/11 was
> orchestrated by Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the Central Intelligence
> Agency as part of their plan for global domination and a New World
> Order. That goal was to be financed by G.O.D. (Gold, Oil, Drugs) ...

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.