[lbo-talk] Re: China [was: Blowing Up an Assumption]

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 09:32:04 PDT 2005

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, Chris, I was the one that told you about
> (the English
> translation) of Roy Medvedev's book on Yeltsin and
> Putin,

Just that you used the word "book" shows something. He's written several. What's your take on his post-Yukos addendum to 4 Let v Kremle?

> A. Zinoviev, I've read both the pre-Gorby
> anti-Communist pieces of
> his in Commentary and Encounter, as well as his
> post-90's stuff.

Have you really? What's your opinion of the contrasts between the two depictions of Partgrad in Katastroika? Does the murder of the CP official at the beginning of Part II have any symbolic meaning? What slogans did the residents of Partgrad shout in the Middle Ages? Why did Gorbachev choose Partgrad to be a lighthouse of Perestroika?

> Remember I even e-mailed the dude, after you sent me
> his webpg. He
> didn't give me a str8 reply on why he spoke at the
> Willis Carto
> Holocaust Denial conf.

Maybe he has better things to do with his time. Did you ever email Dugin? You can ask him about his rock-music criticism.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html