[lbo-talk] Appeal to Ignorance

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 16 10:40:39 PDT 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> It doesn't seem possible to reject anything by your standard.
> --

I think you push him too hard. Remember that he does call himself an atheist! I think the debate here is on a narrower issue: not on whether science gives scientists a reason not to be interested in religion (I think that is the case) but over whether science can _disprove_ religion_. And your comparison may be defective. We don't try to "disprove" capitalism, we fight against it. Neither, really, do we try to disprove religion; we try to provide more interesting activity.

Carrol