[lbo-talk] 9-11 a composite response/comment

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 16 12:19:53 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I'll go out on a limb: I think the "official" story is mostly
> correct, so I feel no need to come up with an alternative.

The thing is, even when real conspiracies are revealed, they have no political effect. I'm thinking now of those Memos the British Press has revealed. On their basis some people are launching a fairly pointless campaign to impeach Bush. But no one is going to pay much attention.

In fighting the Iraq War we have to focus primarily on "facts" that everyone more or less accepts. And there are enough of such facts to build a pretty strong anti-war movement over the next two or three years. It could conceivably grow to the point where u.s. military strength was essentially destroyed for a few decades, giving the rest of the world some elbow room. Wanzala & co. -- all the conspiracists -- are aggressively fucking up this anti-war effort by this screeching about conspiracy. And Wanzala, when not caught in this pathetic trap, often has really interesting things to say. Sad. Despite his intentions, he is giving aid and comfort to the Bush, Kerry, & the other warmakers.

Carrol