[lbo-talk] An Appeal to Ignorance

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jun 16 13:24:45 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:
>I keep trying to reduce the triad of divisions (natural science, social
science, humanities) to a duality: natural science and [I don't have a label: "History" is misleading because, e.g., geology and biology both have large historical elements, but it is the best I can come up with for a label.] Try "systematic study of human activity," which would include what we call "social science" and "humanities." It seems to me that the division in to sociology, polisci, and econ is really arbitrary, and in fact is an artifact of specifically capitalist social
>relations

^^^^^^ CB: We know only one science. The science of history. There's history and natural history,like back in the USSR.