[lbo-talk] An Appeal to Ignorance

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:35:19 PDT 2005

On 6/16/05, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> ^^^^^^
> CB: We know only one science. The science of history. There's history and
> natural history,like back in the USSR.

"History will justify anything. It teaches precisely nothing, for it contains everything and furnishes examples of everything...Nothing was more completely ruined by the last war than the pretension to foresight. But it was not from any lack of knowledge of history, surely?...The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be. [Paul Valery]

-- "Life sure is weird but what else am I to know?" [Jason Pierce]