[lbo-talk] let's talk about logic ;argument etiquette

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jun 16 14:26:28 PDT 2005

>Jeffrey Fisher

>i'm getting really tired of your condescension.

Yoshie: You've said something similar several times, but I don't believe I have said anything that belittles your intelligence though you have mine.

^^^^ CB: Yea, he's really tired evidently. He told me he was tired of being lectured on logic. It was he who raised a point of logic. I hadn't said a word to him. I just responded to his comment on logic. Then he implied I can't "see" what I'm doing. ( "i'm getting really tired of lectures on logic from people who can't see what they're doing.").

Woooo !! The LBO prayer: Lord give me strength to avoid _ad hominem_ ( that's just a figure of speech).

He's getting some real nasty zingers in interstitially around his professorial commentary on religion. He "knows you are not that dense." That's real cute.

I think his approach is he can insult your intelligence, but if you defend yourself, he gets immediately "tired". We may have here a guy who talks to people condescendingly , and then somehow gets it in his head that _he_ is the one being condescended to. What's the name for that ?

More Jeffrey Fischer:

ah, i was beginning to miss the lectures in logic (not). but still, yoshie to the rescue...

...to Yoshie: i'm sorry, but i'm getting really tired of your condescension. you're smart and often right ( well thank you so much Mr. Fischer) AND i have agreed with a lot of what you've said in these threads (as carrol noted), but you treat everyone like an idiot and it's f-ing annoying. it only gets in the way of making your points, and, well, and learning anything, but since you don't seem to think you have anything to learn from anyone here, i can see why that wouldn't bother you.

CB: oohhh , you nasty boy.