[lbo-talk] Re: denial of revision

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 00:55:07 PDT 2005

--- frank scott <frank at marin.cc.ca.us> wrote:

>"...He didn't give me a str8 reply on why he spoke at
the
>> Willis Carto Holocaust Denial conf..."

maybe because you used the derogatory slur put on them , rather than what they call themselves?...

-- With respect to Zinoviev in particular -- who I think is kind of a nut, albeit a great writer -- look, let's be frank. The Holocaust is not a big deal to Russians. The USSR lost 27 million people to the Nazis. That's 4.5 Holocausts (with some overlap concerning Soviet Jews). 70% of the male population born between 1913 and 1920 was killed in that war (according to Roy Medvedev). Belarus* lost a quarter of its population. That is the principal Nazi crime in Russian eyes. The Holocaust was just a sideshow, a particularly gruesome but not central horror.

* BTW Lukashenko should totally import some Muslims. Then he could go crazy-ass on protestors without a word of Western criticism, like Islam Karimov.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com